Friday, September 01, 2006

Brian Visits Us in Austin



My cousin Brian flew down from New Jersey to visit us in Austin. I have not seen him since he was 10 and I was 16. For those of you who don't feel like doing the math, that is 15 years since we've seen each other! He is staying with my parents, but we will see him a lot this weekend. Dad was out of town till sometime late tonight, but we met up with Brian and my Mom at Central Market. Elizabeth, Josh, Caleb, and Kyle also drove up for the day to hang out with them. I got off work around 3 PM because of the holiday weekend, picked up the kids from YMCA, and headed down to meet everybody. On Friday and Saturday nights, for most of the year, Central Market has live local bands that play adjacent to the deck and playground area. Tonight there was a really great band so it made the visit really pleasant.


Tonight, Rod and Brian went out to an Irish pub (OK, it's Austin, and there's not a lot of folks of Irish descent, but we try). Rod had a couple of friends join them.

I think Austin is winning over Brian already!

No comments: