Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Sassy Candy Corn

This week, Evelyn's teacher has asked that the students wear Red on Monday, Orange on Tuesday, Yellow on Wednesday, ...etc. you get the picture. Evelyn wanted to wear a shirt that is primarily black, but has three candy corn on the front (it was a Halloween shirt from last year). There is orange in candy corn, but we're talking about a pretty small amount of orange on some pretty small candy corn images. She told me about a kid in her class who confronted her about the lack of orange on her shirt: "This kid, Mom, was so sassy to me. She said I didn't have orange on in an ugly way and she was WRONG. I don't have to listen to her. I know i'm right."

Oh boy. I am looking forward to this kind of conversation with her when she's a teenager. She'll be convinced she's right at any given moment. Wish us luck.

No comments: