Sunday, August 06, 2006

August 6, 2006

This is my first attempt to create a Walline family blog so that extended family members and friends can keep up with us and watch the kids grow up. I will start posting pictures soon.

Today, Rod and Kenneth went to the putting range to hit some golf balls. This was Kenneth's first time golfing in any capacity other than the occasional putt-putt. He was very excited the whole day in anticipation and when they came back he was incredibly proud. Apparently Kenneth didn't miss the ball once the entire time they were out there. He has a great swing and even other people were commenting on how good he was. We'll definitely keep this up and let him practice frequently. Besides, Rod likes to golf too and he has gotten out of practice. Having Kenneth as a partner will keep him motivated, I'm sure!

While they were at the golf range, I was doing some much needed house cleaning (boring). Evelyn was helping by organizing the game room. For the most part, all she got done was putting the play food away. She would periodically come downstairs with a "sandwich" for me to eat.

We also managed to make it to Book People, which is out favorite local bookstore--it is huge though. Rod found a good book on Adverstising truths, and I found 2 books: "Smart Women Finish Rich" and "Thinking for a Change" (about how successful people approach life and work). Check with me in 20 years and I'll let you know if the books' tips worked for me. :)

No comments: