Friday, August 18, 2006

He-Man Was an Environmentalist

We've been renting old cartoons and sitcoms from Netflix for the kids because today's available cartoons are awful--and I'm not just being nostalgic--but that's a separate conversation. The DVD we received recently was "He-Man: Masters of the Universe." I watched this all the time when I was growing up and believe me, this stuff comes back to you ("By the Power of Grayskull...I have the Power!!"). Anyhow, what I do not remember at all is the fact that He-Man provides inspirational messages at the end of every show based on the moral lesson demonstrated by He-Man out-thinking Skeletor. ("Kids, sometimes people try to get ahead by acting unfairly towards others..."). The episode we watched today involved what was basically a chemical plant killing the environment around it and He-Man had plenty to say about that.

Tomorrow we will be visiting Elizabeth, Josh, Caleb and Kyle in College Station. The cousins all flip out when they're together (in a good way). Caleb has taken to grabbing Kenneth's or Evelyn's hand and showing them around his house several times. Caleb has a grin that won't quit.

No comments: