Friday, September 08, 2006

Evelyn Has a Loose Tooth

Evelyn was so excited because this week she had a verifiable loose tooth! She keeps wiggling it and announcing things like "I can't eat crunchy things on the left side of my mouth because of my loose tooth" and "My tooth almost got stuck forward!".

We went to a restaurant called Cafe Java tonight. There is one that I go to fairly regularly on my lunch break near work, but one recently opened up near our house. I was pleasantly surprised to find that it is owned by the same folks and the menu is the same. Everything is so fresh -- I don't usually gush about restaurants, but this one's worth it. My favorite is the avocado grilled cheese with sprouts on whole grain bread. YUM.

Rod and I are making final plans for our trip to New York next Wednesday - Saturday. We had emailed The Late Show (Letterman) to be put in the queue for tickets, but they don't guarantee anything until the week prior. They call you with a trivia question and if you answer it correctly you get tickets reserved for you. I answered the question right so we're set up for the Wednesday taping. Look for me and Rod--maybe we'll get called for an audience participation segment! After that taping (which is actually from 5:30 - 6:30 PM the day it shows), we'll meet Kristin and Chris (my cousin and her husband) at Caroline's Comedy Club for a show. Thursday and Friday nights are reserved for the Broadway shows "Rent" and "Mamma Mia." We are very much looking forward to this trip. Nana will be staying with the kids while we're gone.

1 comment:

Tiffani said...

Your NY trip sound like a lot of fun. Hopefully Evelyn's tooth doesn't come out while you are gone ;) <-- I don't know that I've never felt the need for a winking smile before.