Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Keeping the Sideburns

Kenneth and Rod got haircuts yesterday. They were much needed for both of them. While at Kenneth's soccer practice tonight, Evelyn announced that her Dad looked like a caveman with his new haircut. I'm not sure where that came from. Kenneth had a funny comment too: tonight, after brushing his hair, he studied himself in the mirror and said "I chose to keep the sideburns." This is so funny to me because he has never had sideburns, ever.

When we got back from soccer practice, a couple of kids were riding their bikes in the circle, so Kenneth and Evelyn joined them for a bit as I unloaded the car. I came outside to hear fake fart noises happening from all the kids and hysterical laughter. One of the older boys said "Girls don't do that!" and I debated the merits of providing the alternative argument that all living things generate gas, but decided against it. The last thing I need is to be any weirder than the neighborhood kids already perceive me to be.

No comments: