Sunday, May 13, 2007

A Sweet Mother's Day

We had a fun weekend. Friday, Rod went out to see some kind of Ultimate Fighting Championship with some friends. He said there was a lot of blood but it was pretty fun to watch. While he was doing that, we met my Mom at Central Market to have dinner and let the kids play on the outdoor playground. There was a great cover band playing--called The Eggmen--and they did primarily Beatles music. They sounded as close to the original Beatles songs as possible. We really enjoyed that.

The last soccer games of the season happened on Saturday afternoon. Evelyn was very sad because she will not be able to return to The Titans again. The next season splits into all-boy and all-girl teams, and her team up to this point was a mixed gender team. We will definitely be staying in touch with her friend Ethan, though. Kenneth has one final soccer party to wrap up the season.


Saturday, Mom came over and Rod and I went to see the Texas RollerGirls play-offs. I don't know if we'll go back, but it was fun to see at least once. It is an all-female roller derby, complete with pushing, shoving, and a few staged "fights." Afterwards we went to Rio, a Mexican restaurant housed in what used to be the living quarters of the cast of The Real World: Austin.

On Mother's Day, I woke up to an array of presents (very thoughtfully picked out presents, I might add) from my sweet husband and kids. Then we went to The Omlettetry, which is my favorite place to get whole-what pancakes. Yum. Fabulous weekend.

1 comment:

Tiffani said...

I'm going to Las Vegas with a friend in August and the urge to see a show that involves roller skates is pretty strong for me. Maybe I'll pass since you didn't seem overly impressed. I'm thinking burlesque roller skating has to be pretty funny though.