Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Deutschenfest



This past weekend, Pflugerville had their annual Deutschenfest, which we've apparently been erroneously calling "Pfluger-fest" for the last few years. It is your typical crafts fair, with carnival rides and kettle corn and smoked turkey legs, but with a twist--the addition of German heritage and associated beer. We're actually not really beer drinkers, but we go to check out the festival every year. Rod recently bought a ultra-wide-angle camera lens, and these photos were taken with that lens. I don't think I like it as much as a standard lens, but it is kind of a trendy look. Maybe I don't like it because close facial shots make your face very elongated and unnatural-looking (but we're not including those pics here!).

Sunday we went to Zilker park because it was so beautiful outside, and topped the day off with Mangia's pizza. That is a favorite Summer restaurant of ours--they make whole-wheat stuffed personal pizzas. The location we like to go to is next to Deep Eddy, which is spring-fed and "Texas's Oldest Pool" -- that's another topic entirely, but here's a link if you're interested in reading more about it: http://austin.about.com/cs/photogallery/l/blvttldeepeddy.htm

We recently figured out that one of the people that Rod is working with on a recurring project is a former neighbor of mine from Galveston when we were little kids. I think Dana's family moved away when I was about 7 or 8. Anyhow, she brought in an old photo from a birthday party and Becky and I are in it. Yes, that's me with the enormous belly hanging out of the midriff t-shirt. I would have been 3 years old in that picture.

1 comment:

Tiffani said...

I love the picture of you guys as kids! Could the kid labeled Mark be any more Robby Schultz'esque in his body language though? LOL

Deuthschenfest looked fun and I'm loving your hat btw. Isn't festival season in Texas nice? I'm sure you have better options than we do in Dallas since everything is so outdoorsy there.