Friday, April 25, 2008

Yoga, Yoga

I finally tried my first yoga class. We have a family membership to the local YMCA, which has age-specific kid zones so that Moms and Dads can exercise without having to pay extra for childcare. Evelyn's best friend, Shaley, happened to be there at the same time as she was, so that was great for her. Kenneth played with a Wii the whole time, so he was good to go too. I have to admit, the poses required (even in a beginner class) were sometimes difficult to maintain, primarily because of balance. I have the strength though, so it has potential. I don't think I'll ever get to the point that I want to put my elbows propped up and my knees on top of my elbows, but I have the satisfaction of knowing that I can do it. Yes, it is as complicated as it sounds. I found a picture of the pose for your viewing pleasure.

Tomorrow, we head to College Station for a couple of reasons. Elizabeth's family is moving, so we will create diversions for the kids all day. Also, my former choral conductor is having a surprise 20th-year-of-conducting gathering and I expect to see several former Women's Chorus members.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love your pictures, good blog!
I just hope you use Vista!