Saturday, April 05, 2008

Mom, What If It Is a Turd?

I got a mean sunburn today. It was the one day of the soccer season that requires a lot more time than usual: the 2 normal games, but team and individual soccer pictures as well. To top it off, I volunteered for a 2-hour time slot to assist with the photo coordination. You may have no sympathy for me because of the volunteer aspect, but I keep most requests against our time at bay. Anyhow, it's a good thing I'm a calm person because so many are not. The forms that needed to be filled out for photos were complicated. I very much wish I'd saved a copy of the form so I could post an image of it and ask for comments on whether it was interpretable within 1 minute. I was berated a few times because parents couldn't figure the form out and talked to me as if I were with the photo company.

Kenneth spent the later part of the day mowing the yard and found what is probably a large acorn, but possibly a pecan. He brought it inside and washed it off then let Evelyn take a look. Evelyn was talking about how she was going to paint white lines on it to make it look like a football when Rod took notice and told her it was an owl turd. She dropped it on the spot but I could tell she still wanted to paint it. She came to me later and asked, "Mom, what if it is a turd? It would not be hard like this, right?" We've successfully gotten past the ruse.


Friday night, the school put on a talent show. Kenneth was in a skit with a few other boys called 'Sittin' on a Red Bench'. The premise is that a series of characters come out one at a time and sit next to each other on a red bench and lastly, a painter comes out with a red paint can; all the kids on the bench realize that they've sat on the wet paint. It was so funny and got a lot of laughs!

No comments: