Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Ice Cream Festival


Saturday we went to an Ice Cream Festival in a downtown park. I know that proceeds were supposed to benefit something, but I have no idea what. We contributed $25 to some cause: $20 for 4 ice creams--dairy-free gelatto for Kenneth. Plus, a $5 face paint, which Evelyn promptly washed off as soon as we got home. ("It itches, Mom!") It was very crowded with both people and dogs. Dogs of all sizes, including little ones that shouldn't have been walked in a crowd. I accidentally kicked a dog (not too hard, but still) because it licked my foot and I thought it was a bug. I apologized to the owner, but she just glared at me like I did it on purpose. It kind of made me not so sorry at that point!
Evelyn and Kenneth played a game where they had to create a pretend ice cream sundae by using a spatula to get ice cream (colored tennis balls), whipped cream (cotton fluff), etc. from one mixing bowl and across the grass to the sundae bowl, one piece at a time without dropping anything. At another point, two jugglers juggled pins with the two of them in the middle. Kenneth thought that was just great.

Today was their last day of summer camp/school. We brought them to Nana's house tonight to swim and spend the night. Nana will watch them tomorrow and I plan to take off on Friday. Nana will watch them again on Monday and school starts Tuesday. They can't wait to meet their teachers.

No comments: