Tuesday, August 28, 2007

First Day of School


Today was the first day of school. Yesterday, the kids were so bored. I was trying to work from home and every minute or two I'd have a food request, or have to mitigate a minor bickering fight, or get a head rested on my shoulder. I finally brought out the huge Colorforms set and they played with that for about an hour.

Anyway, today they were able to ride the bus because it was running late (normally, it arrives about 20 minutes before we typically leave). The picture outside is a small grouping of kids waiting for the bus.

When I asked them how their first day was, they were so enthusiastic. Kenneth's teacher apparently had a stint on Animal Planet as a "snake lady." Evelyn thinks her teacher is just great. She has been seated next to a boy that was in her class last school year. This boy absolutely loved Evelyn. He even bought her a large Sponge Bob Squarepants Valentine's Day card last year instead of the typical little Valentines that everyone hands out. However, there's a negative side to Kindergarten love: he also tried to cut her hair. I hope he has matured a little bit. Rod asked her about her day with her "boy friend." This was her response:

"He's not my boyfriend. He's just in love with me. He loved me in Kinder and he loves me now. I'm not in love with him."

No comments: