Tuesday, January 23, 2007

100 Sunflower Seeds

I don't mean to harp on the quick turn-around assignments, but today, Evelyn came home with a note that said Thursday is the 100th day of school, so each Kindergarten student must create a posterboard that has 100 items glued to it. No, I am not kidding. The idea is that you can do something educational with it as well, such as grouping 100 M&Ms by color, or spelling their name with 100 paperclips, etc. We will glue 100 sunflower seeds in patterns that create circles, squares, and other shapes. Sunflower seeds were the item of choice because I found some in my cabinet in large supply.

They've known for 98 days that Thursday will be the 100th day, and they waited till now to inform us of the project.

3 comments:

Ontiveros Family said...

I think the only thing I might have 100 of in the pantry are beans! I'm so looking forward to "school"...NOT!

WallineFamily said...

Yeah, it is great. We got a PTO note sent home today with a message that had the wrong word: They had used "excepted" instead of "accepted." I resisted the urge to write "DUH!" across the paper and send it back because I know it was probably a dumb parent and not a dumb teacher. I hope it was just a dumb parent.

Tiffani said...

BTW I have now overheard several conversations in Allen (at the grocery store, gym & with my neighbor) and they were all quite annoyed with their lack of notice about coming up with 100 items at the last minute.