Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Stars All the Time


Thought I'd include a few recent photos. The one with the kids and Ann Marie is from Elizabeth's family visit a couple of weekends ago. Kenneth and Evelyn (but particularly Evelyn) always want to hold Ann Marie.



Another recent drawing by Kenneth. The bulldog is their school mascot.



Evelyn's class read a book about a penguin named "Tacky." One of the catchphrases Tacky always uses is "What's Happening?" Evelyn had to create a catchphrase that she would use, and she chose "Stars all the time." I'll have to remember that one. Just focus on the positive things...


At the park with Rod.
Rod and the kids spent time spinning on the tire swing. The whole time, I was biting my tongue because I knew there would be a good chance they'd get sick. Sure enough, all three of them got sick. Our next stop was IKEA and the three felt nauseous on the way there. After a minor throw up incident in the IKEA parking lot (not naming the culprit), we meandered through the IKEA maze. I don't care what anyone says--IKEA rocks and I think that's where we're going to try to finish out buying some of the missing furniture in our house.



Sweet Evelyn. She was looking through photos of her 6th birthday and she found one of her friend Shaley, who was in her Kindergarten class, but not in her 1st grade class. In the first semester of the year, Evelyn and Shaley got to see other during recess, but this semester the recess schedule got switched around and she no longer sees her. I promised to try to get Shaley to come to her 7th birthday party, which is very soon!

1 comment:

Tiffani said...

Okay, I just discovered Ikea in the last few months. From wooden spoons and cork trivets to dining room curtains and pillows, they do rock! I'm not a huge fan of that maze, but I even love their giant blue bags that you can buy for fifty nine cents to carry all of your stuff out. I have two of them that I use for everything!