Friday, January 04, 2008

Peanut Butter Preferences


That's the name of Evelyn's science fair project. It's basically a taste test for Jif PB versus Target brand PB. It allows Evelyn to do some basic data collection and a bar graph. No surprise, Jif won. Jif PB rocks. Nothing like heading to Walgreens at 8 PM on a Friday night to pick up 5x7 photos of peanut butter jars "Before" & "After" the black paper masking. We also simulated some spoon-enters-the-mouth shots.


Kenneth's project is not quite done yet. We need a few more people willing to perform 3 types of exercise for 1 minute time periods, then measure heart rate. Maybe next year I'll come to my senses and suggest topics that don't involve getting multiple participants. My cousin's children (college-aged) are visiting my parents, so I think I can get two more participants for him.


We had a visit from Grandma Aixa and Tracy last weekend. They stayed for a couple of days and had a nice visit overall. They bought the kids an official soccer goal with which to practice in the off-season as a joint gift. Evelyn received a rock-painting kit which she loved; it is a very cute idea. I just need to get some clear glossy paint to secure the current designs she's already done. Kenneth got a sketch book, which he promptly started using. It has a built-in easel, which is uber-convenient.


Tonight I will thoroughly enjoy What Not to Wear, my favorite show and really, my only TV indulgence.

No comments: