Monday, November 12, 2007

You're Killing Me

I got back from Taiwan late Friday night (or early Saturday morning, depending on how you look at it). On my 5+ hour layover in LAX, I saw Kimora Lee Simmons (not so famous celebrity) and Meg Ryan (definite A-list celebrity). According to a couple of American Airlines workers I befriended during my lengthy stay, I had "just missed" Danny Devito. LAX is happening. Today was very hard as far as jet lag since it was a full day of work. My eyes were red by about 2 PM. I will be heading to bed pretty soon.

In my absence, Evelyn spent some time admiring my (mostly costume) jewelry in my closet. I could tell because things were rearranged just enough that I knew someone had been looking. One of the things I do as resident tooth fairy is store their teeth in separate little containers. Kenneth has long been aware that the tooth fairy is not real, but Evelyn was holding on. One of the containers that held teeth was placed on top of my main jewelry box. The conversation went like this:

Little E: "Is the tooth fairy real?"
Bigger E: "What do you think? Let's talk about it."
Little E: "I'm not so sure. I found a tooth on your floor!"
Bigger E: "Really, because I noticed that some of my jewelry containers were rearranged and one of those containers had your teeth in them."
Little E: "Are you the tooth fairy?"
Bigger E: "Yes, I am."
Little E: "You're killing me!" (Incredulous look...)

No comments: