Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving '07

It's been a great Thanksgiving Break. Merle (Rod's Dad) and Linda arrived Wednesday afternoon with, literally, armfuls of homemade cookies and pies. I will seriously need to go on a fast this week to deal with the excessive amount of desserts that were consumed! Elizabeth and her family arrived on Wednesday also, although they stayed with my Mom and Dad. We had 17 people at the Thanksgiving table, and the food was wonderful. The company was even better. We managed to get family photos taken, which was not an easy task...

Some of my favorite moments:

Caleb (Elizabeth's 3 yr old): Repeatedly asked "Can I please have some dirt?" [Dirt=Dessert]

On the way over to my parents' house:
Evelyn: "Kenneth stop it!"
Kenneth: "Stop what?"
Evelyn: "Tooting! You need to go to Toot-oring [tutoring] to learn to stop tooting!"

Reviewing a Harry & David catalog with Caleb in my lap:
Erin: "Oooh I like all this food. Nuts, cheese, apples, pears...What is your favorite food on this page, Caleb?"
Caleb: "I pretty much like pizza, mac a woni and cheese, chicken nuggets, that kind of food. Not that stuff."

Regarding a nightshirt with obvious static cling:
Evelyn: "Every time I see my cousins 4 days in a row, my nightshirt does this."

No comments: