Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Toh-Tally

Evelyn tells us that a boy named Nicolas ("sometimes he lets us call him Nick") has a way of accentuating other people's adjectives with the word "Totally." Evelyn likes to use the word "Sweet!" or "Awesome!", to which Nicolas replies in perfect Sean Penn in Fast Times at Ridgemont High fashion "Toh-tally Sweet...". It is cute to watch Evelyn imitate him.

Last Saturday, Kenneth participated in a special soccer tournament called "Spookout" through the Round Rock soccer association. The teams were 3 vs. 3 so it was much more fast-paced than a traditional game. A different set of rules applied as well. His team won all three of the standard games, which allowed them to advance to the finals. Their last game was so exciting and so close -- they were leading till the last part when the other team scored one goal that put them in the lead. Although I did not get any pictures of the games, I can assure you the boys were beyond thrilled with themselves after all of the games, and truly disappointed when they lost. However, he got a great trophy and the team had 2nd place status in the tournament.


Saturday night, Rod and I dressed up for Halloween and headed downtown to a friend's loft for a party. Rod was Clark Kent and had a Superman costume underneath his suit. He revealed the Superman costume after we had been there about an hour. I attempted a Wonder Woman costume, mostly made out of things I already owned. We had to stop at a Walmart on the way to the party to pick up gold braided rope for the lasso of truth, a gold belt, and a gold wrist bands. This picture was taken before I wandered through Walmart in my red tights, short-shorts, and high heel boots to purchase the accessories. I ditched the yellow-suede belt in the picture for a gold one with a big buckle. The blazer was the only thing that kept me feeling like a semi-normal person. Of course, having Rod accompany me with the suit probably didn't read too well to the Pflugerville Walmart customers. I swear we looked better in person.

No comments: