Friday, July 13, 2007

A Few More Conversations

It's been a busy week and we're all glad it's Friday. Rod picked up the kids after work, and I joined some coworkers for a happy hour, which I don't get to do very often. I met up with the family after swim lessons and we all relaxed on the big bed for about an hour at the end of the day.

I have a handful of K & E sayings from the last couple of days:

Evelyn: "I can't tell which leg is mine!" (in reference to intertwined legs when she and Kenneth were horsing around and getting themselves tangled up with each other; this made us all laugh very hard because she announced it in a very surprised, semi-nervous way)

Evelyn: "You shouldn't have been trying to walk when I was reaching out to tickle your feet." (justifying and finding a logical reason for why Kenneth shouldn't be upset after she accidentally tripped him; this is a prime example of how she finds an answer for everything; we tell her she will be a lawyer)

Evelyn: "Dad, I probably won't be living with you when I'm a teenager." (after Rod asked if she would still have good behavior when she became a teenager)

Evelyn and Kenneth: (discussing their father's belly button, an anomaly to them because they both have 'outies')
E: "You need to clean that out with a toothpick!"
K: "Evelyn, it probably hasn't been cleaned since the 90s."

No comments: