Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Don't Reach Into the Pricklebush


Kenneth and a couple of his friends, Mason and Wilson, went to Main Event on Sunday for a small birthday celebration. Main Event is an all-encompassing "family fun" place, that has everything from bowling to indoor rock climbing to a bar and pool tables (of course, that section is empty during the day when kids are there). They all had a good time doing arcade games, simulated boxing, glow-in-the-dark putt putt golf, and the most anticipated..."Lazer Tag!"
For each section of Main Event, you pay independently, so when I got in line to pay for Lazer Tag, Michael Dell was in line with a couple of kids! You have to understand that this is a major celebrity sighting for me, given that I work for the company he founded. Rod and the kids played lazer tag at the same time as them. Rod refrained from shooting him with the lazer, but apparently Evelyn had no such reservations and got him several times. LOL

The kids are always saying funny and sweet things, with totally serious intentions. I have captured a few over the last few days:

Kenneth: "Mom, your underwear is sticking out above the top of your shorts. Normally it doesn't do that. You shouldn't bend over with those on." (Explanation: I so rarely wear "granny panties" that on the occasion I did, to have it pointed out was a little embarrassing.)

Evelyn: "Joseph lost his ball in a pricklebush today. I reached into the prickle bush and it pricked me. I have pricklebush prickles all on my arm. He didn't even care that I tried to get the ball out of the pricklebush for him. I am NOT touching that pricklebush again."

Evelyn: (in reference to a snack before swim lessons around dinner time, instead of a full meal) "This is not full-fledged. It just makes my heart beat."

Evelyn: calls exclamation points "exciting points" (which is actually pretty true)

Evelyn: "When you're you, you're you. I'm glad you are who you are." (sweet pea)

Today is my birthday. I have included a picture of me, taken during the summertime, right before I turned 9, which is right where Kenneth is now. age-wise.

No comments: