Saturday, April 21, 2007

So Old


Kenneth was explaining to Evelyn that his blanket that he had when he was a baby was "SO OLD, older than you, 8 YEARS OLD." Fast forward to this morning on our way to a soccer game when he told me that he couldn't believe that I'd lived as long as I had.

Directly after soccer, Evelyn changed into one of her fancy dresses, strapped on her bike helmet and clogs and rode around the circle. Nana spent the night last night so that Rod and I could go to a hospital network gala down in Seguin. Today, Pops came over to help Rod remove a tree stump that we've had in our yard since last summer. (The tree had actually been killed by bees, which had created a hive in such a large portion of the inside that the entire top half of the tree had no nutrients. Bizarre and since bizarre things regularly happen to Rod, it doesn't surprise me all that much.) Evelyn joined in to help with the tree stump removal in her party dress.

No comments: