Sunday, March 11, 2007

Spring Break Off With A Bang

This week is Spring Break for the kids and I have taken off the whole week so we can hang out and do some of the fun, local stuff that we don't always have a chance to do very often. Saturday, we drove up to Lake Georgetown, which we had heard of, but never visited. It is really pretty and the weather was pleasant enough that it was not too hot. Two treasures that the kids found included a volleyball floating in the water & a heart-shaped stone formation (it really looked like a heart!). We saw a police boat chase down someone who was going too fast, and we also found out that the Lake Georgetown park has ZERO trash cans, even in the restroom facilities. If we go out again, I'll be sure to pack a plastic bag. (For my part, I ended up carrying around empty Capri Sun juice boxes, banana peels, and cracker bags in my purse. Hmmm.)

I've been working hard on the house over the weekend, trying to clean out the loads of junk we have managed to accumulate. Last night, Rod went out with some friends, so I took it upon myself to overhaul our bedroom, moving furniture all over the place and vacuuming under things. I almost ended up moving our king-size bed to the 'small' section of the bedroom, but the bed got caught between the walls in a diagonal position. I had to pull the top mattress off and remove the box springs to undo it without scratching up the wall. Lesson learned. :) At any rate, it is refreshing to walk in to a clean bedroom!

Today, Rod took the kids kayaking, and because it rained off and on, the sun was covered and it was not too hot for them. I went off on my own a bit and we met back up at the house when they were done. Evelyn claims half-ownership of the rowing for the day and I believe her because she crashed on the couch at 7:30, which just yesterday (pre-Daylight Savings) was 6:30. She is still sound asleep.

No comments: