Sunday, March 22, 2009

Spring Break Update


We have had a very relaxing Spring Break and we are all wishing it would last at least 3 or 4 more days. At the beginning of the week, we hung out in town. Kenneth and Evelyn each hung out with some friends and I busied myself with removing some clutter from the house. As a plus, I found a gem of a service...we've been wanting to reupholster some couches that were passed down from my grandfather. They are of high quality, but the fabric was really outdated: pink Southwestern theme. I found a guy who's been doing upholstery services for 30 years and he has really reasonable prices. I should be able to get my "new" loveseats this week. He also does custom valences and headboards, which I'm keeping in the back of my mind for a later date. On a different note, Rod brought home a stray, pregnant dog which I am still rather unhappy about (to put it mildly...). At any rate, if it never comes in the house (a hard requirement) and doesn't bark, bite, or lick (a only slightly softer requirement) then I suppose it's the best dog that could have come our way. Sigh.

Later in the week we visited Kerrville to see Linda and Merle. Lisa (Linda's daughter) and Haley (Lisa's daughter) were also visiting and it was great to see them too. Haley is almost walking and has an infectious grin. What a sweetie. Rod and I skipped down to Fredericksburg for about a day and a half for a mini vacation within a vacation while the kids stayed in Kerrville with Linda and Merle. Merle bought Kenneth an authentic bow and arrow set, which is staying in Kerrville for now. It will be something he can look forward to doing when he visits. Linda and Lisa took Evelyn down to a Market Days event while we were in Frederickburg. They also got to see a chicken coop that Merle built and promptly filled with live chicks. Kenneth caught a couple of catfish and a tadpole, which suvived the ride back to Austin in a cooler in the trunk and are now a happy addition to his fish tank. I was VERY lax and did not take any pictures during the break but I feel like I might be getting my picture mojo back. Rod took this one photo of me, my Mom, and Evelyn striking a pose. He called it "3 Irish chicks with attitude."


2 comments:

Lisa said...

I saw your new couches today!! Love the fabric! They looked great! Pillows, too!

WallineFamily said...

Thanks Lisa! I am happy with them too. Now we just have to organize the rest of the furniture...