Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Yendor and Kram

We made it to Schlitterbahn on Sunday and it was the perfect day to go. The weather was not too hot and the lines were short, if there were any at all. I managed to get sunburned on my back, even though I put sunscreen on twice. It must be the fact that my back rarely sees the light of day combined with being rubbed along the Schlitterbahn slides. I'll recover. To top off the fabulous Sunday, the kids had their first soccer games of the season on Saturday and Evelyn went to a party "with a magician that made a BUNNY appear out of a PICTURE OF A BUNNY!" Evelyn summed it up best when she said as she drifted off to sleep Sunday night, "I'm going to have a lot to write about in my journal on Monday!"

I'm going to spend some time making a new exercise playlist tonight. I bought the song Push It by Salt-N-Pepa, which I love for the beat and for some reason it's been in my head. It was at the height of its popularity in '88, which was 8th grade for me. For those readers that had the joy of being part of Central Middle School in Galveston, you will surely recall the lyrics: "Now, now, now wait a minute ya'll...this dance ain't for everybody...only the sexy people. So all you fly brothers, get on out there and dance." I still use the word Fly to describe something fabulous.

Tonight I amused Kenneth and Evelyn by telling them what their names would be backwards. We ran through every extended family member and some friends too. They were on the floor laughing with some of them. The best of the bunch: Yendor, Kram, Htebazile, Belac, & Mutat.

4 comments:

Tiffani said...

Salt-n-Pepa ROCK. Happiness is music from that era. You can practicaly feel the acid wash and jellies on your skin when you hear the music. Hurricane Harry's played that towards the end of the night just before last call in college. Lots of memories of watching drunk individuals "push it" on the dance floor, lol.

Tiffani said...

Salt-n-Pepa ROCK. Happiness is music from that era. You can practicaly feel the acid wash and jellies on your skin when you hear the music. Hurricane Harry's played that towards the end of the night just before last call in college. Lots of memories of watching drunk individuals "push it" on the dance floor, lol.

WallineFamily said...

I know. I am going to try to do an 80's costume for Halloween and I wish, in my heart of hearts, that I had held on to that awesome long, acid-wash denim jean jacket. Maybe if I'm lucky my mother still has it.

Kristin, Chris & Jenny said...

Hi Erin,
We would love to see you during your New York Visit. Anytime on the 21st would probably work best for us. Email me at kristin.roller@etonpark.com or call us at 212-505-8657. Looking forward to seeing your guys