Saturday, June 23, 2007

A Relaxing Saturday

We started the day by heading to The Omlettetry, which is one of our favorite breakfast places. After that we looked at some furniture in a store where the starting price for a dining room table is ~17K. Not exactly our price range, but Rod convinced me that I wouldn't feel out of place in my shorts and t-shirt because it is Austin, citing that it would be in Dallas or Houston that I would feel out of place. Yeah right. He had worked with the furniture store through the Austin Home magazine (with which he's working) and wanted to show me some things. As soon as we pulled up, two ladies in their "Casual Wear" were outside the store discussing the qualities of a chair in the sunlight. Needless to say, the furniture was ornate but ridiculously out of budget so we left fairly quickly.


We visited a local pond/park, to which I had taken the kids over Spring Break. We saw some adolescent ducks (is that term applicable??) which may have been the baby ducks we saw in March. I don't know how fast ducks grow, but Evelyn was convinced it was them. It was the first time Rod had been to the pond and he thinks it will be a good place to bring the kayak with the kids. It is so conveniently located near our house.

At home later that day, we had some yard work to do and Kenneth (who is almost 9 now) mowed the entire back yard by himself. I couldn't believe it--he turns the mower and everything. He has no idea the level of work he's gotten himself into. Evelyn picked some weeds and helped me clean up inside while Rod was edging the grass. Highly productive!

1 comment:

C said...
This comment has been removed by the author.