Sunday, December 03, 2006

I Saw Santa, No I Saw Santa

Evelyn and Elena (our neighbor) spent time debating on the reality of Santa while coloring at my kitchen table today. Kenneth knows the real deal and is keeping up the charade until Evelyn is ready to understand. The conversation went something like this:

Elena: "My grandma told me there is no Santa." (I have separate thoughts on grandmas breaking that kind of news.)

Evelyn: "Santa IS real. I saw him flying to our house last year. And I heard his jingles."

Elena: "Maybe you're right. Sometimes my grandma lies. Dad says so."

Evelyn: "Lying is not good behavior."

I was snickering when I heard that last part.

1 comment:

Tiffani said...

You've got to love that kind of trust in a realtionship :) "Yeah, sometimes she lies." LOL. To this day my brother seems very conflicted about his ever so clear memories of finding Santa in our living room the year he was 4. At 30 it seems like it coudl be time to chalk it up to dreaming, but you can tell he isn't totally convinced, haha.