Friday, October 27, 2006

Do Fish Eat Breakfast Cereal?

Tonight we went to the elementary school Fall Festival. For 25 cents a ticket, kids could play games at various booths. I worked the Moon Bounce from 6:30 - 8. My job included manning a stopwatch for 3 minute jump segments, trying to allot the correct number and size kids in at the same time. I am proud to say that only a bitten tongue occurred on my watch!

While I ran the booth, Rod walked around with the kids to spend their tickets. I don't know whose bright idea it was to have fish as one of the prizes, but when I caught up with them after my stint as Moon Bounce Coordinator, Kenneth had a bag of fish. Great. We put them in a bowl with some marbles (Evelyn's idea) and fed them grape nuts flakes, which is about the only thing I could think to feed fish at 9:30 PM.

2 comments:

Tiffani said...

Seriously? As a parent, on no level whatsoever do I get the coolness of gaining a PET during what should be a harmless trip to a carnival, LOL. As a kid, I'm sure it as beyond cool :)

WallineFamily said...

Yes, and now the fish have new fish buddies and a small frog to accompany them.